Business Development Internship - German speaking
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and decisions within minutes.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to 50,000+ businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, turned profitable, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team of over 300 people from 35+ nationalities.
The Business Development Team is responsible for managing and developing relationships with partners, ensuring all partners are familiar with our product advantages and benefits and receive the same excellent service our customers receive.
As a Broker Onboarder, you will be our first point of contact for our German partners. You will be responsible for gathering business documents submitted by our partners to ensure that the application process is as smooth and easy as possible. As you will be working closely with partners (outbound and inbound calls) you will need to be a successful communicator and passionate about providing the best service possible. Furthermore you need to be willing to understand how iwoca works and what distinguishes us from competitors in order to “sell” iwoca and our product to interested, potential partners.
What you will be doing:
Joining our German marketing & bizdev team, you will work closely with the broader marketing team, country manager and senior management amongst others, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns as well as Events for acquiring new partners
- Analyse campaign performance, understand drivers of ROI, identify learnings and opportunities to optimise
- Optimise ongoing marketing activities - for example by improving conversion rate through messaging and targeting, streamlining processes
- Support the Line Manager on partnership, product development and other growth projects
- Research, negotiate and implement new market / development opportunities
- Keep up to date with industry developments and competitor activities
- Work on marketing-related documents and creatives and improve the existing material
If you excel at those tasks, you will also get a chance to work on strategic projects to research and implement new market / development opportunities.
RequirementsWe look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Creative. Our marketing is all about combining creativity with a data-driven approach. You should have lots of ideas and be passionate about working in a startup.
- Data-driven. As a fintech company, we base all our decisions on data gathered through every channel. You should be able to analyse it and communicate its results effectively.
- Eloquent. You’ll need to be a fluent German and English speaker. In some situations, you’ll be the first contact and the voice of iwoca, so you should be self-confident in your demeanour.
- Switched on. We’re looking for a fast learner from a top uni. Ideally you’ll have some experience in a B2B marketing related field, a startup or other relevant internships.
- Reliable: you need to be able to work independently and have an organised, proactive and methodical approach.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job, so you are bound to love working here. The team is young, fun and international and you’ll find we hold our own in terms of start-up perks.
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following to all of our employees:
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and the Spanish seaside
- A lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables as well as tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday