Broker Account Manager - German speaking
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and decisions within minutes.Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to 50,000+ businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, turned profitable, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team of over 300 people from 35+ nationalities.
What you will be doing:
We work with a host of multipliers across Germany - commercial brokers, consultants, tax accountants or insurance brokers - to offer finance to their clients, and this channel generates a substantial proportion of iwoca’s total revenue.
As an Account Manager for the Broker Channel you’ll be the first port of call for our brokers and will give them exceptional customer service in managing loan applications for their clients. You will also provide our brokers with an in-depth understanding of iwoca’s product benefits, customer eligibility and use cases.
In addition to building relationships with our brokers, you will also work closely with internal teams to manage loan applications through to completion. The key success factors will be the quality of relationships you build, your speed of service, and overall broker satisfaction. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and develop the future of this valuable channel.
You will :
- Manage the day-to-day working relationship with all brokers
- Pre-screen applications, ensuring the broker provides all necessary business documentation for a credit review
- Provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries
- Provide new brokers with excellent product training and support in order to maximise lead flow
- Work closely with our Credit Analyst and Account Management teams in order to improve conversion rates and broker satisfaction
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and tasks for our Broker Channel Managers
- Help organise and attend broker entertainment / industry events across Germany
You will need:
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Fluent German speaker with a good level of written and spoken English
- A strong customer service ethic
- The ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- Ideally some experience of working in a fast-paced, client facing role
- This would be an excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain experience in financial services
- Knowledge of the German business finance market (including our competitors) would be a plus, but not essential
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job, so you are bound to love working here. The team is young, fun and international and vyou’ll find we hold our own in terms of start-up perks.
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following to all of our employees:
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and the Spanish seaside
- A lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables as well as tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance