Compliance Manager - German speaking (London based)
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Our German business is growing fast and we are looking to develop a Compliance function that will support it. As such, we are recruiting a Compliance Manager to be the first dedicated resource to oversee compliance within iwoca Deutschland. This role with report directly to the Head of Compliance, with a dotted reporting line to the General Manager of iwoca Deutschland.
Day to day you will:
- Oversee our compliance with regulatory obligations, particularly in relation to data protection, privacy, marketing, debt collection, anti-money laundering and the AIFMD, as well as our contractual obligations to our partner bank.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the compliance monitoring plan is effective and focussed on the right risks.
- Manage the personal data inventory (GDPR Article 30 record).
- Conduct due diligence on 3rd party data processors, lead generators and debt collectors (ensuring contractual requirements are being met).
- Support the business in dealing with GDPR requests from customers and Frankfurt-based staff (ensuring effective policies and procedures are in place to manage such requests).
- Review and sign-off marketing materials directed at German customers.
- Work closely with the Financial Crime Manager to ensure effective AML controls are in place for the German business.
- Liaising with regulators, namely the Luxembourg CSSF and the Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, ensuring that we meet our reporting obligations.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments (both at EU and national level) affecting the business, advising senior management on their implications.
- Oversee the completion of compliance training by iwoca Deutschland staff.
- Ensure necessary policy and guidance documents are drafted and kept up to date.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven experience in a compliance role within a financial services firm;
- Fluency in German and English
- A strong understanding of:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (good knowledge of the German Federal Data Protection Act would be beneficial, but not compulsory); and
- The EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Luxembourg SIF laws.
- Good knowledge of the relevant marketing and advertising laws and regulations and the CSSF regulatory regime.
- An ability to challenge existing business practices.
- A motivation for professional development in this area.
In return, you’ll get a say in how things are done, the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners, and to work on big and challenging projects.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.