Tech & Analytics Chief of Staff
We are currently looking for a Tech & Analytics Chief of Staff, helping us to bring our Tech & Analytics department to the next level.
We’re a team of programmers and data analysts who love to do exactly that. Writing code, building systems and solving technical problems are things that the majority of us enjoy, but it means that sometimes other important projects or tasks get lost. Responsibility for all those other aspects of T&A is where you will fit in.
You will take charge of fixing or improving all the things in T&A to make the working lives of our programmers or analysts more productive.
You will report to the CTO and co-founder and work closely with all the tech team leaders
While the CTO maintains his responsibilities for architectural/coding decisions, you will be in charge of (amongst other tasks):
- Improving leadership in the T&A team, acting as a coach to our engineering managers and ensuring that the team has the support they need to grow,
- Launching and leading tech initiatives (like internal/external Hackathons, open-source initiatives, …) to maintain a high tech culture,
- Improving our recruitment processes, making the candidate experience even better and the whole process more fair (reduce candidate bias) and efficient
- Increase tech brand visibility, so that iwoca’s fame continues to grow in the tech scene and that we attract the best talent,
- Creating urgency and processes to improve our internal documentation and ensure it’s kept at the standard we agree that it should be. In particular improving the internal processes, developer guides, career progression frameworks, …
- Observing other things that we need to improve and coming with a roadmap with priorities,
- Enforcing data security policies, to be sure that we continue to be in compliance with regulations.
You should have:
- Proven experience in the tech industry,
- A strong understanding of development / engineering or have a firm knowledge of great technical culture,
- Experience with analysis and reporting
- The ability to gain the trust and respect of the CTO and tech team captains
- An effective balance of humility and ego – someone who can listen to the team needs and act accordingly
- Diligence in following through on details and wrapping up loose ends
- A desire to operate effectively with a fair amount of ambiguity, and the ability to ask clarifying questions
- The emotional intelligence to understand and contribute to the culture we are building at iwoca – and the ability to contribute previous experience to this effort
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.