Accountant Relationship Manager
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
We’re looking for an energetic and organised Accountant Relationship Manager to be responsible for educating and building relationships with accounting firms nationwide. You will be tasked with building a strong pipeline of sales through accountants and ensuring they receive a first-class experience from iwoca.
In this role, you will be:
- Building relationships with accounting firms through networking (physical and digital) and outbound calling to generate and convert leads
- Managing inbound enquiries and acting as the first point of contact for accountants trying to arrange finance for their clients
- Managing day-to-day relationship with accountants who have referred clients to iwoca
- Helping maintain our accountant contacts database to keep accurate up-to-date records
- Tracking and managing the financial performance of the accountant channel
- Representing iwoca at accountant industry events
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Good presentation skills and confidence in face-to-face meetings, a lot of your role will entail training partners about our product
- A strong network within the accountancy space and experience of providing financial services to accountants
- Excellent time management skills to organise workload and meet set deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Likeable personality with a focus on building long-term relationships
- Ideally you will have experience in an account management or business development
We are also looking for great candidates with a similar skill set across our UK Customer Success team, including our Account Managers. You can apply for this role here.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.