Credit Risk Analyst
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Now we're looking for experienced Credit Analysts who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. Your mission will be to:
- Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Analyse credit data, financial statements and other data sources to determine the level of risk involved in lending.
- Conduct thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
- Understand and accurately capture the specific revenue and risk drivers for SMEs.
- Be responsible for making lending decisions independently.
- Be actively involved in improving the decision making framework, through developments to our systems and processes.
- Communicate effectively with our Onboarding and Account Management teams to ensure customer needs are met at all times - Account Managers act as “customer champions” and you’ll work with them to ensure we do our best to meet our customer’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
- Work closely with the Tech and Analytics team to improve systems and our scorecard to enable us to make better, faster and fairer decisions.
- Guide junior credit analysts in their credit decisions and support their goals and targets
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience in commercial loan underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Strong business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a good business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
- The ability to interpret financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- The ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
- If you happen to be a native-level German speaker you can apply for the same role in our DE team here
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Competitive salaries which we regularly benchmark to ensure we pay everyone fairly
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.
This job was posted on 8th July 2019 and will close on 8th August 2019