iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Our Account Managers are iwoca’s frontline, offering exceptional service to their portfolio of customers while simultaneously driving business growth. They own the customer relationship from when they sign up, all the way through to renewal and advocacy.
At iwoca, we really love our customers, we want them to have the best possible experience. We understand that financial matters can be confusing and frustrating for small businesses, so our Account Managers work hard to understand our customers’ financial needs and determine how we can most effectively support them with our product to achieve their business goals.
Our Account Managers are skilled at building trust, explaining how iwoca works and nurturing successful long term relationships with our customers. To help us do that, we use relevant data and analytics (such as customer health scores, lifetime value, customer feedback and surveys), while at all times providing excellent customer service.
Your mission will be to:
- Be the customer champion, driving business growth through adoption of the iwoca product within a portfolio of customers
- Nurture a portfolio of existing customer relationships to achieve higher health scores
- Support customers through the renewal process expediently
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with small businesses, helping them achieve their business goals with iwoca
- Proactively guide customers through our process and ensure we exceed their expectations, effectively addressing customer concerns and issues
- Liaise with various teams within iwoca, such as sales, underwriting and collections to achieve the best outcome for your customers
- Drive change throughout the business through structured feedback, ensuring we always provide customers with the best possible experience across all aspects of iwoca
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong business acumen with a real enthusiasm for helping SMEs
- Strong communication & listening skills with an excellent telephone manner and a passion for delighting customers
- Exceptional time-management and multitasking skills
- Good experience in explaining complex products and services to customers
- Proven customer relationship management experience
- Be proactive, motivated, and metrics-driven
- The ability to "think outside the box" to make suggestions that will help us improve our products, systems and processes
- Ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
We are also looking for great candidates with a similar skill set across our Partnerships team, especially if you have a network within the accountancy space. You can apply for this role here.
If you're a fluent German speaker, you can also apply for the Account Manager role in our Team DE here.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.