Customer Journey Executive - German Speaking (London-based)
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The Client Onboarding Team is responsible for managing and developing the early stage of the client relationship, ensuring clients are informed about our product and its advantages and benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get to know iwoca from the inside and gain valuable experience for future roles in the company.
As part of our German customer service team, you will be our first point of contact for our German clients. You will be responsible for collecting business documents submitted by our clients and you will get the chance to develop a deep understanding of the SME customer base. As you will be working closely with customers, you will need to be a successful communicator and passionate about providing the best service possible.
Your role at iwoca:
- Building rapport with German business owners
- Handling inbound calls and making outbound calls to resolve customer issues and chase documents
- Pitching iwoca to customers who have already started the sign-up process but have not yet completed it
- Maintaining accurate customer records and update systems
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are in place to allow our Credit Analysts / Account Managers to make a lending decision
- Handling requests received through the live chat on our website or via email
You will need:
- Strong communication & listening skills with an excellent telephone manner and a passion for delighting customers
- The ability to explain complex products and services to consumers
- The ability to "think outside the box" to make suggestions that will help us improve our products, systems and processes
- Basic understanding of business finance and accounting or the desire to acquire such understanding. We want you to develop a good business sense and an understanding of what makes SMEs tick
- Be ready to take on ownership within our team and communicate with other country teams
- A communicative personality and good team play skills
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- A perfect blend between sales, customer support and admin
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.