Credit Control Agent, German-Speaking (London based)
Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a 5-minute application process and decisions in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a fun and vibrant team.
However, we’re still small – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We are seeking a German-speaking Credit Control Agent for team Germany. As a Credit Control Agent you will be part of a dynamic team that is situated within the German Operations team. Your typical responsibilities will be to negotiate solutions with our overdue customers (owners / directors of SMEs), liaise with your mentor (a senior within the existing team) in more complex cases and work closely across multiple departments (i.e. Tech, Legal, Credit Risk Analysis etc.). In this role, you will take on responsibility early on, have strong impact on team DE performance and will find multiple growth opportunities, especially in cooperation with your mentor.
In a typical day you will:
- Handle your customer portfolio (team members get assigned a number of overdue businesses), outline iwoca’s position in negotiations and create solutions (i.e. arrive at a deal where possible)
- Collaborate with various teams to make informed decisions (i.e. with our Credit Analysis team when evaluating a submitted deal proposal)
- Work alongside your mentor when negotiating and closing deals
- Perform admin tasks in order to satisfy legal requirements, financial regulations and iwoca best practice standards, i.e. manage financial transactions, book reconciliations etc. (this will represent a small portion of your week)
- Be involved in ongoing projects with senior staff
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are obsessed with learning. In order to succeed in this role you will ideally have:
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics, law or related fields; alternatively you are working towards academic qualification (desirable)
- Had exposure in a customer-facing role (preferably customer success involving negotiation), law or related fields
- A proactive mindset centered around ownership, motivation and growth
- A professional attitude to deliver high customer success standards
- The willingness to collaborate with a mentor and take ownership of your own career path
- The tendency to stand up, challenge assumptions and be curious: your input is a key component to the role and we encourage you to bring ideas forward for discussion
Joining our team means you get to work on cool and challenging projects, you’ll always have a say in the business and you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners. We want to help all iwocans become top performers and we reward our team in lots of different ways.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
We’re obsessed with learning. We offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code