iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We are seeking an experienced Debt Recovery Specialist who will be required to work within a fast paced, customer focused environment, providing great customer service while maintaining the team’s excellent track record.
A typical day for you will be:
- Case handling a fast moving portfolio of over 1000 accounts of which 150+ accounts are in early arrears, with the aim of recovering the payment due or negotiating and adjusting the loan terms to suit debtor circumstances and affordability
- Handling inbound and initiating outbound telephone calls, letters and emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service skills
- Building relationships with portfolio clients through regular contact to validate, understand and resolve breaches of agreements
- Negotiating, implementing and monitoring feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client’s circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Working with a wide range of teams within the company to understand, strategise and report on the best course of action
- Working closely with the Head of Collections to review and develop recovery strategies
- Instructing, liaising and monitoring third parties such as debt collection agencies and solicitors to ensure the best outcome is achieved
- Ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines
- Adhering to our company policies and procedures
- Upholding iwoca’s company reputation at all times
- Updating databases and systems in order to keep an accurate record of activities, observations and outcomes within the recovery process
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven debt recovery experience, ideally in the commercial/business sector
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, accuracy and confidence
- The ability to deal with a variety of challenges, innovate and think on your feet
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs. Experience within the finance industry is advantageous.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.