iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
You’ll develop and launch new products and tools to help small businesses succeed.
You’ll be given a lot of autonomy and the resources you need, and we expect you to be hands-on, action-oriented entrepreneurial and able to deliver real value to the business.
In this role, you will:.
- Analyse the market landscape, internal and external quant and qualitative data to get a deep understanding of small business owner needs and how existing solutions address these needs
- Design and launch pilots for assessing the viability of new products to help meet small businesses’ needs. Based on the results, build a business case and action plan for actioning specific new product opportunities
- Bring prototypes to market, working with internal and external design and developer resources
- Optimise user engagement across the funnel to improve the product and roll it out to more users
What we're looking for
- Problem solving skills: You’re passionate about building products that solve real customer needs and have the creative flair required to come up with innovative solutions
- Bias to action and resourcefulness: You’ll roll your sleeves up to launch fast and iterate, bootstrapping and recruiting the necessary resources
- Commercial acumen: You’re a customer champion but understand that our products need to make business sense and meet regulatory requirements. Balancing competing needs is an integral part of creating a great product
- Strong analytical skills: Experience with tools like Excel, Python or SQL is beneficial but we’re more concerned about your mindset and underlying appreciation for using data to make smart decisions
- Tech savviness: Even if you don’t write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
- Communication skills: You’ll need to establish credibility and get the best out of a wide range of people across the business, ranging from developers to operations staff to senior management
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference for small businesses. We’ll also encourage you to build your own skills, whether it’s attending workshops or getting involved in new areas of the business.
Some of our benefits:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.