Broker Field Sales Manager - German Speaking (Germany nationwide)
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We use a variety of marketing and growth channels - one of the most important ones is our ‘Broker’ channel, through which brokers, financial advisors, consultants and other professionals refer customers to us. We have progressively built up our network and are looking to accelerate growth in this space.
As Field Sales Manager your main responsibility will be to develop the channel by growing the network of brokers and consultants that work with iwoca. You will also ensure that the network is engaged and active, referring customers on a regular basis.
Your key tasks will include:
- Identifying and ‘onboarding’ relevant brokers and other professionals onto the iwoca Partnerships network
- Managing and strengthening the relationships with our product partners, both existing and new (alongside the Business Development Manager and his team), through frequent interaction (personal meetings, visits, phone calls, etc.)
- Delivering an improved conversion of new business (loan applications) by your network
- You will leverage your existing network, visit trade shows and events, cold call potential partners, etc.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- You have an existing network of brokers, financial advisors, tax advisors, consultants and / or other relevant professionals
- Ideally you will have built up this network through prior experience in a sales environment, e.g. working in sales for a factoring provider, a bank, or other financial services provider
- You thrive in a target-driven, sales environment; you approach your KPI’s with vigor and you strive to exceed your targets
- Confident, able to think fast and sell the iwoca mission and product in phone discussions as well as in personal meetings
- The role will be based in Frankfurt, and you will be expected to be flexible and mobile to travel across Germany and visit our London offices on a regular basis
- Able to work independently for yourself; frequent travel means you’ll require self-discipline and motivation
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance