Team Captain: German-speaking Account Manager - Frankfurt Office
Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
At iwoca, we really love our customers, we want them to have the best possible experience. We understand that financial matters can be confusing and frustrating for small businesses, so our Account Manager Team works hard to understand our customers’ financial needs and to determine how we can most effectively support them in achieving their business goals.
The team is passionate about building and nurturing successful long term relationships with our customers based on service, trust and data analysis.
We are looking for an experienced and high-performing customer success / sales professional who is ready for the next step in their career to lead, develop and grow our highly motivated team of six. To us, this means leading by example and coaching effectively.
As Team Captain of the iwoca Germany Account Management team, you are responsible for:
- Leading and developing the iwoca Account Management team to ensure that iwoca meets its ambitious targets while providing your team growth and development opportunities.
- Regularly reviewing and refining our customer pitches, as well as our contact strategy. You will combine analytical skills and business development experience to help us constantly evolve our customer contact strategy.
- Overall team development: hiring and developing your team.. Continuously looking to improve hustle, conversion, call quality, consistency and objection handling..
- Striving for operational and efficiency gains without comprising effective customer service. You will play an integral part in future-proofing the team by implementing the right scalable processes & solutions.
- Nurturing your own portfolio of iwoca customers to build long-term customer retention and lead by example.
- Working closely with other iwoca teams, as well as the COO and the Country Manager to proactively plan your team’s resource needs and output forecasts, as well as to ensure we are always raising the bar by adopting best practices and validating them in a data-driven manner.
- You are a high-performing, driven and experienced (4+ years) in either customer success, account management or commercial sales with a proven track record of going the extra mile. You are motivated and you are not afraid to take on ownership and responsibility.
- You have a deep understanding of building customer relationships, customer service and customer retention. You have experience of working with SME businesses, you know what challenges / opportunities they face and you care about your customers.
- You keep questioning the status quo because you know that exceptional long-term performance is based on hard-work. In doing so you are able to focus on the bigger (long-term) picture while remaining committed to excellence in the day-to-day. At iwoca we say you have a ‘growth mindset’.
- You have high emotional intelligence, you listen to your customers and colleagues to seek understanding. You are an effective coach and you do not focus on hierarchy because what matters is getting stuff done not office politics. You are humble.
- You feel connected to iwoca’s mission and you want to help us deliver long-standing success.
- You are 110% fluent in German (mother tongue) and your English is almost as good too.
- Ideally you have already managed a high performing team before. In doing so, you were able to treat people as individuals while emphasising strong teamwork to deliver outstanding results.
- Ideally you also have prior experience or a working understanding of finance or banking (ideally SME banking), possibly in the credit / lending space. You know how debt financing works.
- It would be a big plus for us, if you also think analytically and you have a solid grasp on data-driven thinking. You are able to phrase questions in a data-centric way because you believe that any gut decision should be supported by data. You know how to prioritise effectively to achieve maximum return on the resources available - you work smart.
Your role makes a huge difference to our team and the growth of our company. By stepping up in this role you can help write the next chapter in the history of iwoca. While doing so, you will outgrow your current comfort zone, growing as a professional, a leader and a person.
In addition to these intangible benefits we also offer a competitive salary and the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance