Early Arrears Collections Advisor
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The Collections team works with customers who have missed repayments on their iwoca loan. While their goal is to minimise iwoca’s monthly loss rate, the team is also committed to positive customer outcomes and, where appropriate, providing the necessary time and assistance to facilitate the customer getting back on track with a reasonable solution.
A typical day for you will be:
- Having purposeful conversations with customers in early arrears to recover payment or ascertain the reason for missed payment and scheduling the next steps accordingly
- Building relationships with customers through regular contact to validate, understand and resolve breaches of their loan agreements with customers
- Handling high levels of inbound and outbound calls in a diligent, professional and efficient manner
- Sending emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service skills
- Negotiating, implementing and monitoring feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client’s circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Working closely with the Collections Team Leader and Collections Specialists to review and develop processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines and adhering to our company policies and procedures
- Upholding iwoca’s company reputation at all times
- Updating systems in order to keep an accurate record of activities, observations and outcomes within the collections process
- Proven experience in debt recovery, ideally in the commercial/business sector in a call based environment
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills on both phone and email
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to deal with a variety of challenges, innovate and think on your feet
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.