Customer Engagement Manager
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Now we're looking for a motivated and confident Customer Engagement manager who can help us to accelerate growth whilst offering an unrivalled customer experience.
Here at iwoca, we pride ourselves on providing unparalleled levels of customer service to make sure our customers have the best experience possible. For various reasons, some customers don’t progress to the final stage of their customer journey - taking a loan. Our Customer Engagement Managers are masters in both sales and customer service, aiming to convert each enquiry and re-engage each ‘lost’ customer that comes our way into a loyal customer. They are skilled in all stages of the customer journey, from first enquiry to repeat fundings.
The team contact and convert a wide variety of warm lead sets, ranging from existing clients who have previously taken funds from us, to referrals, new to iwoca, from our affiliate and social media partners.
As a Customer Engagement Manager, you’ll be joining a challenging and highly motivated team that endeavours to generate as much value as possible for the company through the effective management of these lead sets.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively engaging with both new and existing customers, making use of numerous different contact strategies, primarily using the phone, but also including emails, live chat and occasionally meeting customers in house
- Consistently hitting individual KPI targets and contributing to the team's collective targets
- Dealing with inbound enquiries from customers
- Ensuring total client satisfaction by clearly educating the customer on our product offerings and handling their interest as expediently as possible
- Contributing to projects that focus on the development and growth of the team and our value within the company
- Continuously providing feedback on how the company can best achieve its core objectives
- Managing relationships with existing customers
- Training new and existing members of staff in how to provide excellent customer service
- Keeping up to date with relevant industry developments
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for delighting customers from a range of backgrounds and a real enthusiasm for helping SMEs
- Sales and/ or customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. An energetic and persuasive telephone manner with the ability to lead a conversation to ensure efficiency.
- Able to explain complex products in a way that customers with little experience in commercial financing can easily understand
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, able to recognise where the most value can be gained and tailor your approach accordingly.
- A real knack for establishing lasting relationships, be it via telephone, email or webchat
- The ability to negotiate with challenging customers
- Confidence to challenge and put ideas forward to the rest of the team to improve internal processes.
- Motivated working in a figures driven environment
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast paced environment and adapt easily to change, common within our start-up culture
Desired (but not essential):
- Experience within a fintech or comparable industry
- An understanding of the trials and tribulations of small businesses
- Understanding of different financial products
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Posted 10th May 2019. Applications for this role will close on 10th June 2019