Head of Product - Business
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
iwoca is entering a new phase of development and we need a Head of Product to ensure the tools our team use help us become the best small-business lender in the world. You will be responsible for leading the teams who develop the operational tools we need to scale iwoca.
Our Business product team is a new structure at iwoca and is made up of the following cross-functional build teams:
● CRM –responsible for improvingthe systems that enable us to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, all the way from sales through to collection
● Fintech - ensure we have the right systems in place to access reliable information on our loans, operating costs and the ability to forecast financial information
● Fraud & KYC - ensure we’re using the best tools to support our commitment to protect our customers and ourselves from financial loss and criminal activity
● Risk & Underwriting – responsible for the technology that enables our risk assessments and our shift toward increasing automation and hybrid decision-making
● Internal reporting - responsible for building the tools that allow for dynamic reporting and analysis of the iwoca’s performance to support decision-making across the business
These functions make up the engine that allows iwoca to deliver our exceptional service to our growing base of customers.
You will work closely with relevant C-levels and their team captains to understand and prioritise the changing business needs. You will own the product road map and define the full lifecycle of our operational tools from idea generation, to technical development, to launch & iterate. You will also be expected to work closely with the broader product team to identify dependencies or synergies that could impact what gets built and why. The role will report directly to the co-founders, Christoph Rieche and James Dear.
This role is part of a growing product function at iwoca, so you will be able to roll up your sleeves and work closely with tech and the business to ensure we keep building great tools for years to come. While you will be enthusiastic about taking on operational responsibility for at least one of the build teams, you’ll also be excited about managing Product Managers within the business product team.We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
● Product management experience, ideally including team management experience
● Tech savviness: Even if you don’t write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
● Prior experience with operational and financial workflows or internal/back-office tools
● Collaborative style that is focused on aligning stakeholders and finding solutions
● Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills
● Highly organized with attention to detail
● Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.