German-speaking Collections Manager (Frankfurt-based)
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We are looking for an experienced Inkasso specialist. You will work within a fast paced, customer focused environment, providing great customer service while maintaining the team’s excellent track record.
- Case handling customer accounts in arrears from inception to completion with varying and unique circumstances
- Handle inbound as well as initiating outbound telephone calls, letters and emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service levels
- Build relationships with clients through regular contact to validate, understand and resolve breaches of agreements with customers
- Negotiate, implement and monitor feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client’s circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Work with a wide range of teams within the company to understand, strategise and report on the best course of action
- Work closely with the German team to review and develop recovery strategies
- Instruct, liaise and monitor third parties such as debt collection agencies and solicitors to ensure the best outcome is achieved
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines
- Uphold iwoca’s company reputation and integrity at all times
- Update databases and systems in order to keep an accurate record of activities, observations and outcomes within the recovery process
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Fundamentally you will need the required theoretical as well as practical knowledge to carry out this function
- This could be through a completed apprenticeship as an Inkassokaufmann, legal secretary or other relevant German academic qualification (Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellten, Rechtsfachwirt, law degree / IIe Staatsexamen, etc).
- You will require extensive practical experience in collections management (gathered in Germany). This would include:
- Qualifizierte Berufserfahrung im Forderungseinzug bzw. Forderungsmanagement
- Erfahrung im Mahn- und Vollstreckungswesen
- Rechtliche Grundlagen im Bereich Forderungsmanagement und Insolvenzen
- Bearbeitung von Mahn- und Vollstreckungssachen
- Korrespondenz/Schriftsätze mit materiell-rechtlicher Darlegung der Forderung und Behandlung von Einwendungen
- A wealth of empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, accuracy and confidence (as well as impeccable German)
- The ability to deal with a variety of challenges, innovate and think on your feet
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance