German-speaking Payments Advisor, Frankfurt based
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
At iwoca, we really love our customers. We don’t necessarily believe that by missing a loan repayment, a good customer is now a bad customer. We believe customers need our support and reassurance to get them back on track so they can focus on what will ultimately allow them to make a missed payment; making a success of their business. An iwoca Payments Advisor is there to give that support.
We are looking for a hard-working individual with empathy and excellent customer service skills to join this expanding and fast-paced team.
A typical day for you will include:
- Answering queries regarding upcoming payments, communicate with customers who have missed a repayment, agree and schedule payments to bring your customer back on track
- Listening to your customer’s reasons for non-payment, be inquisitive and empathetic in order to fully understand the problem and then come up with a solution that suits both the customer and iwoca
- Preparing and send out dunning letters and emails according to set guidelines
- Identifying where a missed payment may require input from other teams within the business such as Credit Analysts or Account Managers or escalation to the Collection team to achieve the best outcome
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, excellent telephone manner
- High level of accuracy and comfortable with numbers
- Able to deal with a variety of challenges, multi-task and think on your feet outside the box
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs
- Experience within the finance industry is an advantage
- Motivated, proactive and results-driven
- Able to work as part of a team
- Smart, humble and motivated
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance