Head of Customer Success, Germany
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and decisions within minutes.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to 30000+ businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, turned profitable, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team of over 200 people from 35+ nationalities.
Our German business was launched in 2015 and has tripled in size this year and last. We are super excited about growth prospects given our market-leading position and are looking to accelerate growth even further in 2019.
At iwoca, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Excellent customer service, full transparency and a lightning fast turnaround time are the reasons why our customers love us (9.8 score on Trustpilot).
As the Head of Customer Success, you will be responsible for all aspects of the customer journey from acquisition to funding and customer retention. You will manage our fast-growing Customer Success teams (based across Frankfurt and London) and set us up for long-term success as we grow from 14 people to 40+ people in 2019, and to over 100 people and serving 100,000 customers within the next three years.
The role combines a multitude of elements: customer service, strategy, leadership, operations and analytics. You will work closely with the COO of the German business as well as other key stakeholders from Germany, UK and Global teams.
This role is based in Frankfurt, however you’ll be travelling regularly to London (where part of the Germany team is also based). You’ll be joining us at a very exciting time, as we are looking to maintain and further improve our customer service while simultaneously growing 10x over the next 2-3 years. You will enjoy an incredible amount of responsibility and you will contribute majorly to iwoca’s future successes.
As Germany’s first ever Head of Customer Success your mission will be:
- Leading the Customer Success teams (onboarding and account management) to enable us to meet and exceed our ambitious growth targets.
- Proactively managing communication and coordination between the Frankfurt and London based teams to work towards common goals. You will visit and work from London on a regular basis (ca. twice a month).
- Owning and reviewing team performance with a focus on service levels, conversion, growth and retention.
- Identifying areas for growth and improvement. Redesigning processes to maximise both scalability and customer satisfaction.
- Inspiring your team to aim higher and go the extra mile. You will will own employee satisfaction and retention, you will help your team identify opportunities for growth and personal development.
- Designing and executing the team’s hiring and training strategy. You’ll never compromise on our hiring standards as we recruit even more smart, motivated, humble colleagues with a ‘strong growth mindset’.
- Monitoring, reviewing and improving our customer contact strategy, our customer service levels and our customer pitches.
- Using data and analytics to improve existing structures, processes and our overall customer service strategy, so that we work smarter / more effectively to benefit both the customer and iwoca.
- Representing your team internally (across different teams) and externally (e.g. at events, with partners, etc).
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll:
- Genuinely care about our customers and you are willing to go above and beyond to make sure we provide the best possible service.
- Have a sharp mind, lots of drive and a desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are someone who wants to make a real difference to iwoca and who believes that there is always more to learn.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to join the German business at a critical point in time to help build something incredible and lasting.
You will likely have:
- Work experience in customer success at a senior level.
- Extensive account management, objection handling and sales experience. You are incredible at building rapport with customers, colleagues and your team.
- Previous management experience building and leading a high performing customer success team. You have a high degree of emotional intelligence and you know how to inspire your team to greatness. You are radically candid and you identify and embrace learning opportunities.
- You are proactive and you have a ‘get stuff done’ mentality. You know how to not lose sight of what is truly important no matter how busy the day gets. You are able to seamlessly change perspective between understanding an individual customer’s issue and considering the ‘bigger picture’ of where we want to go as an organisation.
- You are able to work independently and you use data to inform decisions, rather than relying on gut feelings.
- You have a drive to make things better, and you are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- A strong business sense and resilience to overcome day-to-day challenges.
- You are 100% fluent in German (mother tongue) and also fluent in English. You excel at communicating with all types of stakeholders both remote and in person.
- Ideally you also have prior experience or a working understanding of finance or banking (ideally SME banking), possibly in the credit / lending space. You know how debt financing works.
You will always have a say in the business and you have the opportunity to really make a difference. You will be able to lead, inspire and coach a team of up to 100+ people and your contribution will be critical to setting up iwoca Germany for lasting success.
Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job, so you are bound to love working here. The team is young, fun and international and you’ll find we hold our own in terms of start-up perks.
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following to all of our employees:
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all public holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance