Partnerships Strategy Manager
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and decisions within minutes.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, turned profitable, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team of over 200 people from 35+ nationalities.
Partnerships are critical to iwoca’s vision - we want small businesses to be able to access finance where they want it, when they want it. In practise, this means access from within a range of the day-to-day services and tools they use to run their business, whether that’s their accounting software, payments platform or even their banking service.
As Partnerships Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for developing our partnerships and direct sales strategy and working with the partnerships team and sales team to implement it. The partnerships team covers a range of partner channels, including larger strategic partnerships, affiliate websites and services, commercial finance brokers, accountants, and B2B vendors.
You will be required to develop high quality analysis and insight, and then use excellent communication and project management to guide the teams through successful implementation of your strategy. The partnerships team has already built strong relationships with a number of key partners, and your role will focus on the strategy for both optimising these existing relationships and entering into targeted new partnerships.
The role sits within our partnerships team based in central London and will report to the Commercial Growth Director. You will also be responsible for managing our team of two partnerships analysts.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Defining our growth strategy: bringing together crucial pieces of information such as competitor and market data, operational performance data, innovation insights etc., from various internal and external sources in order to create the strategic vision for iwoca’s partnerships and direct sales
- Building our growth action plan: establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities for each part of the team and translating them into actionable and quantitative plans with clear short and long term targets
- Overseeing performance tracking and management: managing the analysts in the team and reporting on performance against plans and targets as well as strategic objectives, including monthly and quarterly updates to the company on the progress of the team
- Being our insight champion: analysing market trends and internal developments, and generating benchmarks, timely insights and recommendations for the partnerships and sales team
- Coaching and developing the team: supporting the team in developing their capability to think strategically and develop strategic plans
- Representing iwoca: networking and presenting at industry events and conferences
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Have worked at a top-tier management consulting firm or in-house in a corporate strategy team (ideally 3-5 years), so you have a strong grounding in frameworks and tools for shaping and delivering strategy, and measuring its success
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; able to process large amounts of data to drive business strategies and decisions
- Have excellent communication and listening skills, including the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply, and the ability to articulate your thinking clearly and concisely in writing
- Be a self-starter, who can work in an unstructured environment; you can deal with ambiguity and manage projects effectively with good attention to detail
- Be confident manipulating data yourself in Excel/Google Sheets, or have experience with other data analytics software
- Be great at stakeholder management; you’ll be working with a variety of people from across the business
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job, so you are bound to love working here. The team is young, fun and international and you’ll find we hold our own in terms of start-up perks.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.