KYC Analyst - German speaking (Frankfurt based)
At iwoca, we’re here to expand possibilities for small businesses by making financing fair and flexible. We blend the best of humans and technology to deliver a service that customers love.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The role:The KYC Analyst Team delivers important tasks at iwoca, that allow us to make fast, fair and pain-free lending decisions, so you will:
- Carry out the speedy and accurate processing of customer documents for loan applications
- Pre-screen potential customers, which includes verifying documents, applicants’ credit history and financial information as well as screening for PEP involvement
- Own and uphold our KYC and AML standards, identifying red flags in customer applications which might indicate potential fraud attempts, money-laundering or financial issues
- Identify opportunities to improve our processes and implement changes which will make us more efficient
- Take further ownership of your work through projects which add value and allow iwoca to reach its goals
- Work closely with our Customer Journey Executive, Credit Analyst, Broker and Account Manager Teams, in order to ensure that we maintain our high KYC and AML standards.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have
- Native-level German
- An analytical mindset with the ability to understand, assess and improve complex processes
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload
- Incredible attention to detail and the ability to spot missing data from a mile away
- A communicative personality and good team player skills - you’ll be collaborating across multiple different teams
- Capable of working autonomously
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- A good understanding of the fintech space in which we operate
- Experience in accounting and an understanding of German legal entities is desirable
- Motivation and desire to take on responsibility, work on projects and aid in improving our processes
- Interest in moving up the career ladder and moving to the fields of Compliance, Fraud, Quality Assurance, Credit or Data Analysis
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance